Thursday, May 24, 2007

Something is Better than Nothing

Well, not too much has been going on with Jim and I lately. This past weekend we did make a trip to Dubuque for his step-sister's wedding. Him, his sister Barb, and I all drove together to save on gas...can the price get any higher?? The wedding was on Saturday and it was a nice time. His Dad got remarried about a year and a half ago and his wife's daughter who was married lives in Arizona, so we don't know her too well on a personal level, but it was still nice to see everyone. We hadn't been to Dubuque in quite awhile so I know his Mom especially enjoyed seeing us. The reception was at a place called Grand Harbor that overlooks the river walk and river. Here are Jim and I being quite goofy yet I LOVE this picture for whatever odd reason.




Other than that not too much is happening. The wedding plans are coming along slowly but surely and I do like the way things are coming together. Work has been going well. We are at an extremely busy time of year so I am planning and have meetings often, including some weekends (blah), but I am excited for our summer program to start. I will be teaching 1st graders and I am pretty pumped about it. Work is going well for Jim as well. I am always amazed at just how much he likes the company he is now working for. They are very good to their employees and it's a bonus that Jim likes his job too!

I am also very excited because Jayke is coming to spend Memorial Day weekend with us. That should definately give me something to post next time. He is at such a fun age and we miss a lot of it so I can not explain how happy I am to see him for an entire 4 DAYS!!!!!!

With that I will close, have a great weekend and enjoy the holiday!

No comments: