As I think back over this past year we have truly had some wonderful times. Just being married in itself is a fantastic feeling. Married love is different than any other kind of love...there is absolutely no end to it...you wake up everyday with a comfort of knowing what is.
I joke with Jim that he is literally my better half. When I am uneasy he is calm, when I am nervous he is at ease, when I am angry he is light-hearted. He is so easygoing and wonderful and I couldn't have asked for more.
Some hilights over our past year include:
- Honeymooning in Puerto Rico
- Going to my first concert...Rascal Flatts in October
- House Hunting
- Putting in an offer on our home...and having it accepted!
- Spending Christmas with all of our families!
- Braving a treterous drive in a snow storm...the first time Jim has probably ever seen me truly panicked, terrified, and absolutely scared to death...I could not stop crying.
- Spending New Years Eve as a married couple
- Closing on our house!!
- Packing up the first place we had together to move into our very own home.
- Having all of our family help us move.
- Making our first large purchase for the home together...new furniture.
- Starting a business...Hello Mandolin Photography
- Improving our house little by little
- Buying 2 new vehicles
- Dealing with a flooded basement
- Worrying about a flooding city
- Having our first big family gathering at our place...a total blast!!!!
- Taking a trip to Chicago