Monday, September 22, 2008

One Amazingly Wonderful Year!

Oh how time flies. I can hardly believe it has been a year since Jim and I were married. We celebrated together this past weekend and had a wonderful time.

As I think back over this past year we have truly had some wonderful times. Just being married in itself is a fantastic feeling. Married love is different than any other kind of love...there is absolutely no end to it...you wake up everyday with a comfort of knowing what is.

I joke with Jim that he is literally my better half. When I am uneasy he is calm, when I am nervous he is at ease, when I am angry he is light-hearted. He is so easygoing and wonderful and I couldn't have asked for more.

Some hilights over our past year include:

  • Honeymooning in Puerto Rico
  • Going to my first concert...Rascal Flatts in October
  • House Hunting
  • Putting in an offer on our home...and having it accepted!
  • Spending Christmas with all of our families!
  • Braving a treterous drive in a snow storm...the first time Jim has probably ever seen me truly panicked, terrified, and absolutely scared to death...I could not stop crying.
  • Spending New Years Eve as a married couple
  • Closing on our house!!
  • Packing up the first place we had together to move into our very own home.
  • Having all of our family help us move.
  • Making our first large purchase for the home together...new furniture.
  • Starting a business...Hello Mandolin Photography
  • Improving our house little by little
  • Buying 2 new vehicles
  • Dealing with a flooded basement
  • Worrying about a flooding city
  • Having our first big family gathering at our place...a total blast!!!!
  • Taking a trip to Chicago
This year has been full of wonderful times for Jim and I. We are both so happy to have eachother and I couldn't ask for more.

Happy Anniversary!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first beautiful year together! It is such a thrill for a mother to know that her precious daughter has found the perfect man to love her, care for her, and treat her the way she deserves to be treated. I am so glad that you and Jim have each other.
:o)
Love, Mom

Ariana said...

Yay for you guys...you think the first year goes fast - I can tell you it only gets faster. I got your message last night - my phone was slightly lost (thanks to Kileigh) I will try and call you back today.

joy said...

Congratulations Jim & Mandy! I agree with Mandy's senitments completely. And you two have the most wonderful realtionship. To be with both of you makes one feel wonderful itself!! I love you guys and am so proud to have Mandy as a member of our family and to have the wonderful son that I have. May the years to come be as wonderful (if not more) than the first.

Love,
Your Other Mom