Friday, August 22, 2008

Beware...Rough Road Ahead

Well we have been looking at our marked up street for a couple of weeks wondering when they were going to tear in and tear it up...and with absolutely no notice they decided on today. I came home with no way to pull into my driveway, and clearly no where to park on the street. I had to park on the next block over and walk home with my groceries.

All in all it's not so bad. I am glad they are fixing the street (not that it was bad), but a simple letter from the city would have been nice, letting us know when it was we were going to be without a driveway. I asked one of the workers and he said they came around this morning and banged on doors to let people know...how considerate. He asked me "didn't you hear the bangin'?" but since I am at work by 6:15, no I did not. However, I hear it now...geez goodness they are LOUD out there!!!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez!! A little warning would have been nice! Banging on people's doors right as they are starting to work is poor business. What if someone had furniture being delivered? Or what if someone was late leaving for work and then couldn't get out of their own driveway? That's just crazy!
:o)
Love, Mom

joy said...

What a bummer Mandy! We had warning but it still didn't make it much easier especially when you'r about due to deliver your second baby!! We had to get permission to bring our car down the street every evening 'just in case.' Sure enough, the morning of August 28th we made a flying trip into Dubuque to welcome our son, your husband. It will soon be finished and you'll have a smooth street to travel on.

CU,
Your other mom

Ariana said...

Wow! That is some serious road repair...