Friday, December 28, 2012

The Nutcracker

This year Jim and I decided to take Charlotte on a special night out to see the Nutcracker.  I have always loved it and was excited for her to see it the first time.  We got all gussied up and got a sitter for Oliver and off we went for the night.




It went wonderfully and Charlotte loved it.  We feel fortunate that she enjoys theatre and other things so much.  She loved every show we saw at Disney and other shows we have seen.  So cool to be able to experience these things with her.  I have a feeling our wild man little guy will not love this stuff as much but I guess time will tell.

Charlotte was fully smitten by Clara by the end of the show.  She loved her dress, her nightgown, her dancing.  Afterwards we had the opportunity to meet  her and have cookies and cocoa.

Something else cool, they were having a raffle for some various items and we let Charlotte put some tickets in.  She really wanted Clara's nightgown and we found out a couple days later that she won!  so cool!

2 comments:

joy said...

Beautiful pictures Mandy. Looks like Charlotte had a great time. I think maybe mommy did too!

Unknown said...

Greetings Mandy, My name is Christin, I am the Production Coordinator for Ballet Des Moines. I very much enjoyed reading your blog entry about your visit to our production! I used your image of Charlotte and our Clara, Emalyn, for our nutcracker page on our Ballet Des Moines.org website. If you want me to pull it, please email me at christin@balletdesmoines.org, and I will put it asap.

When you are ready to come to another show, send me an email and I can arrange for a backstage tour. We are performing Nutcracker at Hoyt Sherman, December 12-15, 2013 and Cinderella at Civic Center, March 8-9, 2014.