Thursday, October 04, 2012

Tough Week

This last week has been tough.  If there is something I have learned in this journey it's that I would never wish this on anyone.  I would never want someone to know this kind of pain, and it is unfortunate that far too many of us in this world do.

On Friday the 21st I had a family photo session that seriously blew many of my other sessions out of the water.  They were fun and full of life.  Mom and Dad were sweet as can be and their two boys were not only cuties, but hilarious as well.  Best of all, a girl was to be joining their family soon as Mom was about 36 weeks pregnant.

I will let you read more about their journey here, but to say my heart broke all over again would be an understatement.  After a routine check-up which resulted in the discovery of a rare malformation in her brain, with hope baby Kate was brought into this world on Friday, September 28th.  She was taken immediately into a 6 hour brain surgery.  The following day she experienced complications from surgery and passed away a mere 26 hours after being born.

My heart broke.  After what we went through, and what they have gone through, you hear a lot "I just can't imagine what you're going through" or "I just don't know what to say".  Those are very fortunate things to hear because knowing means you have experienced this pain.

I spent a lot of time overwhelming myself with the despair that this amazing family would have to know how this feels.  When I heard their news, and with every update I got from Betsy I prayed so hard hoping they would experience a miracle.  I feel like we bonded very quickly and whole heartedly believe that sometimes we are put in people lives for a reason.  We both felt it was very serendipitous that they chose me as their photographer, and I certainly feel honored to have captured their family of 5.

Please keep this family in your prayers as the days ahead will be very difficult.  I am sure that our girls will be playing together and knowing that makes life on this side of Heaven a little bit brighter.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Glad you could be there for them. Praying every day for con't healing for you and Jim.