Saturday, April 18, 2009

Not a Drill

Jim Posting this time. After going back and forth since last week on whether we are inducing or waiting, our doctor has decided to induce. Mandy was admitted to the hospital about 3:45pm after we had several tests and monitors since 11:30am. Sounds like they will be using the pitocin about 5am and she will birth sometime on Sunday. She is doing well. Send her a little prayer for luck.

Still Waiting...

Jim and I had our 40 week appointment on Thursday afternoon. They had told us the previous week that if I hadn't gone by that time that they would call and schedule a time to be induced but by this appointment tha had changed.

She took my blood pressure, it was still high. For the first time she could feel the baby's head and I was dilated to a 1. She went ahead and did the best she could to strip my membranes...very uncomfortable! After all of this she decided the best course of action would be to wait and she was going to send us in on Monday just to make sure the baby had enough fluid and to do a stress test on the baby. Then she got back my urine, which had just a trace of protein in it (which is not good if your blood pressure is high) so she decided to move Monday's test to Friday.

So, yesterday we went in at 7:30 am for our ultrasound and stress test. The ultrasound was fine, the fluid level is right where it should be. The baby is doing great, her heart rate was doing very well. My blood pressure, however, was not so hot. We had to stay so they could continue to monitor that. I had to give them urine and blood. The blood test came back perfectly fine as well which just perplexed them even more. They keep expecting me to have preeclampsia, but the only symptom I continually have is elevated blood pressure.

After some conversations back and forth with our doctor they decided to send me home on bed rest and to have me do a 24 hour urine analysis. So everything I pee is being collected in a big container they sent me home with and we go back in today (Saturday) at 11:30 for another stress test and to see how the protein in that urine tests. They said if my blood pressure was still high they may induce today...but we shall see.

Still waiting...

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Brand New Baby!

But not ours!!
.
Chelsea had her little boy last night!
.
Leighton Rylee
April 14th, 2009
11:19 pm
8lbs 1 oz
20 inches long
.
Mom and baby are doing great! I will post pictures when I can get some.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Two days from our due date...

But lets all ignore the creepy red eyes....

Easter Weekend

Jim and I had a wonderful Easter weekend, even without a little one in tow! Saturday we slept in figuring it may be the last time we would be able to do so. When we got up we hung out for a little bit and then started getting some things done around here before the arrival of baby C. Our biggest goal was to get the spring prep work done in the front yard and we managed to accomplish that. I am sure I was quite the site out there, 9 months pregnant chopping down old growth and clearing out for our spring plants! Needless to say between Jim and I we put in a full afternoons worth of work and got a lot done.

We decided to try a new church for their Saturday evening Easter service. It is a very large church and generally we didn't expect to like it much, but we ended up loving it. We had been recommended there by some people I work with and some friends and I am so glad we went. The service was incredibly busy but the message and delivery were absolutely amazing. We both are anxious to go back and try it again, especially on a less busy weekend. After Easter service we headed to dinner and then grocery shopping. We got home, vegged a bit, and then crashed out early.

Sunday I was able to meet my friend Jodi since she was back from Kentucky for the holiday visiting her and Nathan's family. She is expecting a little boy in June so we have spent quite a bit of time on the phone sharing pregnancy stories. We met in between here and her home town and just hung out and chatted for a little while, it was great. I really wish she lived closer!Sunday Jim and I also made our very own Easter dinner. Jim got a nice bone in ham and roasted and glazed it on his own. It turned out absolutely delicious! I made real home-made mashed potatoes. We also had corn and gravy to finish it off. We invited Jim's sister over for dinner and we all enjoyed it. Let me tell you, Jim did most of the work and he did awesome!

Our pets also enjoyed the holiday with us, and here they are in all their cuteness.

Friday, April 10, 2009

The Waiting Game

The following posts are what you do when you're pregnant, the house is clean, the bag is packed, and all you have to do is wait...
Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!
Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!
Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

Thursday, April 09, 2009

One Week and Counting...

Jim and I had our 39 week appointment yesterday. Last week's appointment was a bit frustrating as we had yet to make any progress cervix wise (just some slight softening) and there were some concerns with my blood pressure being a bit elevated so they did some extra tests to make sure everything was ok. As it turns out, everything was fine, but there was just something that gave both Jim and I an annoying feeling about the whole appointment so I never did blog about it.

This weeks appointment went fine. My blood pressure is still slightly elevated which the doctor is now calling "gestational elevation of the blood pressure" which is a fancy way of say that the pregnancy is causing it. The cervix was softer, but not as progessed as they would like at this point. For whatever reason, Baby C is choosing to float around inside me instead of engage her head to start things progressing. Some days I feel her really low, and then others she is way up in my ribs again, and since she is not putting any consistent pressure on the cervix, it is not progressing very well.

Our next appoint is next Thursday, April 16th. I will be 40 weeks and right in between my original due date (April 17th) and the updated due date (April 15th). If I have not gone into labor by this appointment they will be scheduling a time to be induced. They chose that because they don't want me to go much past 40 weeks with elevated blood pressure because as the baby grows she requires more and they would rather not risk the blood pressure getting any higher.

The hope is that sometime before then she will suddenly engage and I will go into labor on my own! At least that is what we are hoping for. Actually, I was really hoping for the last few weeks that I would go into labor tonight, have a baby tomorrow, and come home on Easter...for whatever reason that seemed quite ideal.

Well here we go...the waiting game begins....