Tuesday, June 03, 2008

And a Pinch To Grow an Inch

Five fives, two dimes and a nickel, a mere quarter of a century....that's right folks, I am 25 years old. Today I not only celebrated my birthday, but the last day of school for our kids. I don't know which was harder, being as much mid-twenties as I can ever be, or saying goodbye to the kids at work....oh ok, it was saying good bye to the kids. Although our program does run through summer my school loses a fair amount of kids that do not come to the summer program and that will be going to different schools next year. We lose all of our 3rd graders since the school only goes to 3rd grade and we lose an awful lot of kindergarteners who open enroll at our school for the full day kindergarten.

To celebrate the 3rd graders last time with us we go out for pizza, to a movie, and to Dairy Queen. We had our annual night out last Friday. We saw Chronichles of Narnia: Prince Caspian and it was very good. It was a long movie however, we didn't drop off the last kids until 11pm! They thought that was pretty cool, I was a bit tired at my meeting on Saturday but it was worth it. We certainly will miss them!

As far as my birthday goes, I worked...a lot, closing up and packing up for summer! Jim did surprise me at work this evening, he brought me 24 roses, one for each year I had been alive and then a card that played my favorite band, Rascal Flatts, to kick off my 25th year he said! I thought it was sweet, nothing like walking out the door to see your husband standing with a ton of flowers!

Well, here's to kicking off year 25 and a rockin good summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I began your birthday by singing to you, so I won't "sing" on your blog. I LOVE how Jim surprised you for your birthday! What a great guy he is! And being 25 isn't so bad...you'll see!! And maybe this will help you feel better...when I was your age, I had 3 kids (all in diapers!). Doesn't sound so bad for you now, does it? Ha!
:o)
Love, Mom