Friday, February 27, 2009

Speaking Of...

Jim's Awesomeness: Jim did so much work when it came to the baby's room that I just can not even explain. He spent literally HOURS getting the walls prepped and I can't thank him enough. In addition he installed a closet organizer in there which will certainly help with all of the clothes we already have for Baby C.

Baby C: Our little darling daughter-to-be is rocking and rolling all of the time. She likes making Mommy's whole stomach rock like jello. She is definately growing...right into my right side ribs, although not painful yet the kicks there are always surprising. She must have a full head of hair by now with the heartburn she kicks up but in my mind it is worth it if she has hair!

Childbirth Class: We began our childbirth class series on Feb. 11th and our last class is this coming Wednesday. I am pretty excited for this last class because Jim gets to wear the sympathy belly and I will have my camera ready and waiting! Class has been going ok. I find it a little nerve racking at points, but I am sure labor will be exactly that-NERVE RACKING! I think it will be helpful to understand the process more and the different options available but everyone still pray for a nice, easy delivery!!

The Delivery: For any of you planning on being around the Des Moines area when Baby C makes her grand entrance please bear with us. We do not plan on calling anyone until we are out of triage (where we prove we are actually in labor) and admitted into a birthing room. I can imagine no scenario where birthing will be a super pleasant experience and the day will be about Jim, Myself and Baby C only, so when that is our focus, please don't be hurt. We definately want you there if you want to be there, but no one will be in the room for the delivery besides Jim and Myself...same goes if I am in the jacuzzi bath, everyone out till I'm out!

After birth, we will be very excited to share her with the world, but also respect our time to develop as a family. Give us some moments with her, we will invite you all in as soon as we are ready. The hospital also has required time each day for Mom, Dad and Baby only. We may also need some help caring for the kiddos we already have at home (Boomer, Milo and Odie) so if Jim asks you to make a pet run for us, we would love you a lot if you did!!

Cravings: I have yet to crave anything weird, however I do want chocolate, almost all of the time!! I have never been a super big chocolate person, but lately, too much is still not enough! Yummy yummy chocolate in my tummy! Which brings me back to how awesome Jim is, he brought me home an entire sack from Target last night full of different chocolate treats...yum yum!!

Well...I am sure I could find more to chat about but I am going to be done for now. Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just give me a call whenever you're ready for me to head out to Urbandale for Baby C's arrival!! I would be happy to help with Odie, Boomer, and Milo. Can I borrow a couch or something when Baby C arrives? I'd like to be around for a couple of days! And I had to laugh about your chocolate cravings...you drink caffeine free soda, but eat caffeine-filled chocolate! Ha!!
:o)
Love, Mom