Sunday, June 28, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

A week late again...I know...

Father's Day weekend was spent in Omaha this year. Jim requested that we go and we had a great time visiting with all of our family. We drove in on Friday night and hung out letting Charlotte get to visit with her Papa.

Saturday we made breakfast and relaxed. Then we headed out to go shopping to try to find Charlotte a two month birthday present. We couldn't find anything that fit the bill. We wanted an age appropriate toy, hopefully something she could kick because that is what she loves to do right now but we couldn't find what we were looking for. We evntually found something which I will talk about in another post.

We headed back to my Dad's house, fed Charlotte, and then went to meet my Mom and Frank for dinner. We had some great mexican food at Netties, I absolutely love that place! We went back to my Mom's place and played and hung out with the girl. My Mom snapped this picture of us and it is very cute even though Jim is pretending to get me with Jayke's knocker toy.
We had planned to go to the Carter Lake Day's fireworks but we went down there and it was just to buggy and ocky to stay so we headed out.

Sunday was Jim's first Father's Day! Jim is such an awesome Dad to Charlotte and so great with everything there is to do although I know I don't appreciate everyhing he does enough and I certainly don't tell him as often as I should how much I truly appreciate him. It has been such a neat thing to watch them bond. Seeing her recognize him and break into one of her cute smiles is really priceless. Although we had gotten him the grill we had a small gift for him that day. We got him a gift certificate to buy some good meat to grill without me complaining about the price. We took my Dad and Deb to breakfast at Cracker Barrell. We had a great time visiting and getting to spend some time together. Sunday afternoon we went to see Chelsea's new place and Charlotte got to hang out with her cousin Leighton. Both of them pretty much napped. Chelsea's place was really nice. Very open and great for her and the boys. Here is a cute picture of our little Charley girl playing before Sunday Dinner.Sunday evening ended with Family dinner at my Dad's. It was great to see everyone all together and to let everyone see Charlotte since she is so stinking cute!!! She was playing and hanging out. Eventually she fell asleep in her Uncle Jesse's arms and was content there for most of dinner.

Of course before we left we got our 9 week old family picture.

1 comment:

mom said...

Of course, I just LOVE all the pictures! I think my favorite this time is the one of Charlotte and her Uncle Jesse (and her little legs are crossed so cute!). I also like the shots of Charlotte with your dad and Deb. Very cute!!
:o)
Love, Mom