Thursday, March 23, 2006

Bye Bye Blizzard

Well we all heard about the snow that was supposed to come earlier this week but I don't think I was prepared for how much we got. It was only 4 inches in all, but 4 inches of thick, wet, blowing snow tends to seem like much more than a couple of inches. Driving to work on Tuesday was absolutely awful (especially since I am such a wimpy winter driver). However, it was already melting by the time I took my lunch hour that afternoon. Driving home on Tuesday, not only were the roads free from snow, some weren't even wet! Don't get me wrong, there are still piles of snow around, but all in all it wasn't that bad.

This weekend Jim and I are heading to Omaha for Jayke's first brithday!!! I am so excited to see him and my family, I just really love going home. Jim and I are also pretty pumped to give Jayke his present. I am so bad at trying not to tell early but I actually have done a good job of not saying anything thus far, now if I can just make it until Sunday without saying anything! We are leaving it at my brother's house so that I am not tempted to spoil the fun! Don't worry, you will all find out on Monday what the gift is because I am super proud of it, it will be great!

No comments: