Thursday, September 06, 2012

Charlotte Says...

I think it is time to start a new section here on this good old blog of ours.  Charlotte has a knack for saying things that are either far beyond her years or hilarious as heck.  Sometime the things she says are both of those things.  Time to chronicle the funny and share them here.

Last night I was actually going to head up to bed at a reasonable time, like when I was taking Charlotte up to bed (she stays up too late).  I told Jim that I was going to go ahead and go to bed when I took her up.  He said that he was actually getting ready to head up too (although to watch Lost on his iPad as opposed to going straight to bed".

So I say jokingly "Ok, but if you keep me awake I'm gonna have to punch ya".

Then I look down at Charlotte and say "Haha, Mommy wouldn't punch Daddy would I?"

And she starts laughing pretty good and says, "I don't know Mommy, sometimes you might!"

Jim and I both died laughing.  I have no idea what prompted any part of what I said but seriously her response was too funny.  And for those who don't know, there is no punching going on in our house!

As I lifted Charlotte into her bed she laughs a little and says "Guess I shouldn't have said that".  She is classic.

No comments: