Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas 2008

Wow! I can hardly believe it is New Years Eve! Christmas came and went so quickly, although we still have one celebration left with Jim's Mom and Sister the end of this week. Christmas was a bit rough for Jim and I this year, after I finished my round of the flu we managed to make the trip to Omaha Christmas Eve afternoon, but Christmas morning Jim woke up sick. It's never fun being sick on Christmas, especially with the stomach flu.

Christmas Eve was spent at my Mom's house. It was a great time, with lots of food I couldn't eat, and tons of presents. It is always fun to get presents, but I really enjoyed giving this year. We got my brother a great gift, something he had really wanted but had no idea we knew he wanted it, so his face was priceless when he opened it. Jayke was a riot this year as well, he loved everything and just couldn't wait for it to be his turn. We finished opening and Jim and I stayed and hung out for most of the night just chatting and having a good time.

Christmas morning is spent at my Dad's house. We have breakfast and open presents together with us kids and my Dad and Deb. Breakfast turned out good even though the casserole Deb had made got dumped on the floor thanks to the 2 dogs racing around the kitchen. We had brought our belgian waffle maker as well so Deb put together some scrambled eggs with all the fixins to replace the casserole. Everything turned out good and tummies were full.

After breakfast we all head downstairs to open presents. Present opening was a great time. Santa left Jayke a present at Papa's too and his reaction to finding it and opening it was just priceless. He is really into animals this year and got one of the tiger cubs that acts alive, I think everyone was impressed by it, but especially him. By the time gifts were done Jim was up in bed sick. I knew something was up but he was in denial for a little bit and wouldn't say what was wrong, finally there was no hiding it. He was in bed or in the bathroom the rest of the day. Odie was always by his side making sure no one would bother his sick Dad.

Christmas night is spent at my grandparents house with the whole Skudler clan. Jim stayed back of course, not only was he still sick but he didn't want to make anyone else sick. The rest of us congregated for a pretty low key evening. We had our big Christmas dinner, followed by our gift exchange. There was lots of visiting and catching up. There are now 3 Skudler families expecting babies this spring/summer so we swapped pregnancy stories for a bit. It will be amazing next year how much the family is going to have grown and it will also be exciting for so many kids to grow up around the same age. Jim called a couple of times, I think he was lonely even though I wasn't gone too long, so I stopped and got him some medicine and headed back to take care of him. He had quite the fever when I got back so I am glad I was there to get him some tylenol and cold pack his head. By the next morning he felt much better, but still not 100%.

I am not going to post any pictures just now, I want to get some stuff done before heading to work, but expect some soon. Have a Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

mom said...

We truly enjoyed your company when you were here! So glad you felt good enough to come!! Love you so!
Love, Mom